Along with the front door and yard work – I still wanted to make some other minor updates for the exterior of our home (that is until we completely repaint the entire thing or move).
- These easy exterior updates include:
- Adding new house numbers (old ones were brass)
- Painting existing light fixtures (existing light fixtures were stark white)
- Growing some grass (old grass was d.e.a.d.)
- Paint front door
- Add new garage hardware
The only items needed for these easy updates were:
- Can of spray paint to update house numbers
- Same can of spray paint to update existing light fixtures
- Grass seed and new sod
- Fun new paint color for front door
- Garage hardware – $20 at Home Depot
Also doesn’t hurt to have a willing and able, amazing husband to do all of these projects so I can just come up with the ideas.
Still on the list is to add the newest “jewelry” to the house and put a few rocking chair to the porch. So consider this a “to be continued” project (like all the other projects).
- For more inspiration for the exterior of your home, check out Erica’s post.